Tuesday, April 01, 2008

New Winter Looks

Yesterday we had our first really cool day, dare I even say cold. It was wet, windy and downright miserable if like me, you were waiting for a late train on an open platform. Had I been warmly curled up in bed, I'm sure I would have had a different outlook on it. Anyway, this change of season means a change in wardrobe, more or less.

Last year I noticed that my wummer clothes translated quite well into winter, them back to summer and again, winter this year. Obviously, I don't wear trousers in the summer months but I do still wear my skirts in both summer and winter; I just whack on some tights and maybe boots to keep warmer. With the current look in layering, many summer dresses now have an extended wardrobe life as well, the same goes for silk blouses and strappy tops.

In that sense, I suppose it could be harder for one to 'create' a new wardrobe. Or okay, maybe most people don't but I know I do. As it is, I try not to wear the exact same outfit more than once in a 3 month rotation at work. Oufit encapsulates shoes and accessories so its actually easier to do than one would think.

Anyway, I haven't done that much buying for this winter. I know that shift dresses are out, but I still have a fair few that I think would work well this season. I already have enugh sweaters and pencil skirts for the new anti-volume, body con (body conscious) look but I do still want something a little on-trend. I've decided it might be time for me to try ankle boots.

Yes, I know its a hard look to pull off, especially if you're more than just a little vertically challenged like me. But I think, with the right cut and height, and in the right outfit, they can work. First and foremost, I cannot buy anything that covers my ankle. Second, something with an aopening that slopes towards my toes would help to elongate my legs, instead of just cutting them off at the ankle. Welcome to the new shoe boot, or shoot. :) I will also need to find something at least 4 inches high and preferably with a platform - I like to tell myself they're better for avoiding puddles.

Another winter look that I've thought about are long socks, as opposed to tights. These can also be worn with anble boots or sticking out over normal high boots. Another way of wearing them is to layer 1 thin sock over another or slightly different length. I'm just afraid I'll wind up looking too school-girl. NOT a good look when you're pushing 30. Its as bad as squeezing yourself into a bikini you have no reason to be wearing. 1 pieces have been in for some time and some people should just learn to make use of them. Cover ups too. Or just not pour themselves into swimwear.

So yeah, I will be on the lookout for the perfect pair of shoots, along with the perfect pair of tan boots that continue to evade me.

1 Comments:

Blogger jaschintaz said...

LOL. OK NOW I GET IT.
Oh, there's this girl called Marina who commented on one of your posts. She has this blog selling shoes and clothes :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home