Friday, April 18, 2008

Booty-licious!

A few days ago, I went into a shoe shop - Emporium (4 floors of shoes - 3 for women and 1 for men) and sought out a pair of ankle boots. I have already spoken of this mission before and believe me, what a mission it was. I saw nothing I liked on both the first 2 floors but seemed to have a hint of success on the third. They were by Mollini; black, platform, had a gloriously high heel and were low cut enough that my ankles would not be covered. However, I wasn't quite sure if they would translate well as work-wear. Consequently, I chose not to buy them at that point.
Something I had bought previously was there really dinky pair of 2-toned Mary Jane's from Charles & Keith in Singapore. When I was there in December last year, I fell in love with a pair of light grey and white ones and when I was once again there in February, I swung by the outlet in Changi Airport. I had tried on countless pairs of shoes and in the end, bought the same thing only in black and white (though I really should say off-white for both). These I wore yesterday with with tights and I thought they looked really cute. Although I have to admit that my foot slides forward a bit too much, causing my left big toenail to be pressed up against the top of the shoe. Makes it very uncomfortable after a while.
Anyway, I was suuposed to stay on later at work yesterday as well, so I decided to actually go out for a lunch break. This means I go out and shop, though this was only because Scott had a meeting on and wasn't able to join me. I stopped in Valley Girl first and tried on quite a lot of chunky knit cardigans. Somehow, nothing seemed right. Though I have enough of those anyway, and really shouldn't even be thinking about buying more. I wound up buying a lovely cotton floral summer dress, though it looked hot with tights as well.

The next (unplanned) stop was Zu and in there I saw this pair of black ankle boots. Once again, they were not a shiny patent, they were at least 4" if not more, had a decent platform, were neither too pointy nor too round, had this cute little gold zip detail on 1 side, were low enough around the ankle and most importantly, were in my size. Though this doesn't mean much, given its still going to be a bit big anyway. Anyway, I tried, I liked and I bought. I'm planning on bringing them into work on Monday, just to wear in the office itself (I'd wear flats on the train and walking to work) so I can see what the wearability is like and I won't be scuffing the soles and can still return them if I chose to. So yeah, now there's just those tan boots to procure.
I did see a nice pair of cognac ones in Zu though. Oh, the possibilities...

2 Comments:

Blogger jaschintaz said...

Oooh nice! I really love this season's oh so sexy ankle boots, but havent gotten myself a pair as yet coz i know i'll never wear them. With the weather here, i'd be better off getting those oh so in gladiator sandals hehe.

Did i mention how i saw 2 fashion mishaps before my eyes within a minute's gap? It was casual Friday and people here tend to go all weird when its casual and sometimes the combi looks more ghastly than creative.

Fashion Police Case #1
This girl with a bright pink skirt, purple tights and bright pink heeled wedges is standing outside the building taking a puff. Good lord i stared so hard her friends must have noticed. And im telling u its NOT a GOOD LOOK.


Fashion Police Case #2
The moment i averted my eyes from meeting the gaze of #1's friend above, this other horror walks in front of me in a denim trenchcoat, denim miniskirt and knee high suede boots. This get-up doesnt look all that bad - if u were spending autumn in England maybe.

I was so shocked i quickly got into the lifts and prayed there would be no more mistakes crossing my path.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Li said...

what I don't understand is, why do people even wear tights in S'pore in the 1st place? Seriously, the coldest it ever gets there is wht? 25 degrees at night? I only wear tights with my skirts here when its going to be under 15 degrees in the morning (like today it went down to 7).

Jane and I used to describe to each other the fashion disasters we've seen but now I just very surreptitously take a photo with my phone and send it to her. :)

But yeah, I'm loving my new boots. Wearing them as we speak as I figure the carpeted floor at work makes an idea testing ground for comfort and wearability for more than 1 or 2 hours. And this way they also don't get scuffed so I can return them if I choose.

You should get the gladiator sandals. You have very slim legs and you'll be able to pull them off. They do NOT suit chunky legs at all.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home