Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Results of my expidition...

...are not very impressive. I was semi-successful at Zomp, coming away with 2 pairs of shoes. Sort of. I got a pair of UAE closed-toe red, tan and cream croc slingbacks with a 3" heel for $75 (sale price). I tried on many pairs. There was a pair of brown suede flats with an elasticated bit at the ankle and while it fit my right foot perfectly, the left side pinched a bit too much. I don't mind some discomfort with heels, but if I'm going to wear flats, they really do have to be as close to perfect comfort as you can get.

As I said before, my main interests were the black and tan shoes in the display window. As luck would have it, none of the tan ones fit me. I left my name and number so the store could call me when they've got new sizes in. But I didn't manage to get a pair of black Sacchi platforms. From memory, it probably adds about 5" to my height. At least. But as they were a bit more expensive, I decided to get them on layby. I really cannot wait till they are mine!

Will try get some camera working so I can post the photos of my beautiful shoes. :) Am already wearing the new red ones to work today. They're not too bad, considering its about a 10 to 20 minute walk from the station to where I work. Surprisingly, this is a size 36 or 5 1/2. There is a bit of a gap, but when I'm walking it feels fine.

I was much less successful at Kookai, coming away with...nothing. First of all, the store was packed, and I means, PACKED, with customers. The queue for the changing rooms snaked all the way from the back of the store with to the front, around the table with basic tops and round to the other side of the shop. That was already a turn off. Coupled with the fact that there wasn't really anything I like enough and that I'd have to queue for ages to purchse something, I just followed Jane around the shop instead.

But you know what? I can't complain. I got my shoes. 2 pairs of them, even! And maybe, if a pair of tan ones that I like and that fit and that are comfy come in, then I guess it will be 3 pairs of shoes. :D


PS. Please ignore the white splotches on my legs. I obviously didn't clean the mirror very well.




My Sacchi platforms - still breaking them in but dead sexy on




My U.A.E slingbacks - so comfy I can wear them with everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home