Thursday, October 12, 2006

Intrinsically "Me"

Mei just sent me this link:

http://www.west48.com/articles/read-article.php?ArticleID=211

It made an interesting read, and also made me think, "what item do I have that is such a part of me, that everyone else associates it with me". For that matter, do I even have such an item?

At 1st, I went with my watch since its something I always wear when I leave the house. But then, I figured a watch is such a cop-out. And its not particularly unique either.

The thing is, I'm always wearing different stuff, or at least wearing what I have in different ways. I much prefer bot being seen in the same thing twice, or not in the same outfit twice anyway. Not until it would have been forgotten.

For example, I have a red top that is fairly new (bought whithin the past month) that is amazingly versatile. To date, I've worn it in the following outfits:
  • with khaki shorts and bronze wedges
  • with denim shorts and flats
  • with denim skirt (both short and knee-length pencil)
  • left untucked over a stone-coloured pencil skirt with chocolate round-toe pumps
  • tucked into same skirt with wide chocolate belt at waist with same shoes
  • under light strapless sea-green dress
  • under black pleated pinnafore with flight bubble skirt
  • with dark blue/light gray jeans
  • with dark brown trousers and a knitted white vest

Of course, I haven't actually worn all of these outfits out, but I did try some different looks. And there's bound to be more ways to wear it that I haven't thought of yet. But I'm not saying this red top is a signature item for me, but I'm just trying to prove a point that I like variety too much to just have 1 thing that goes with everything. My bags, shoes and jewelery are all chosen at the time to compliment the clothes and the look I'm going for. Maybe I'm just not a signature item/look person. And hey, its not a bad thing.



My gorgeous go-with-anything-and-everything red top

2 Comments:

Blogger roxta said...

i just realised tt my signature is a long chain with a pendant of some sort.i wear one everyday,work or play...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Li said...

Fair enough. I still don't have one. Unless its the fact I always have some sort of handbag with me.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home