Friday, May 01, 2009

Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 5 - Week 1

After a super-long hiatus, I'm back and kicking off with my thoughts of AusNTM Cycle 5. Going by the promo shot I immediately went for Clare. On the whole though, I didn't like the way the girls were styled. After seeing their photo in Foxtel's April magazine, I got a better idea of my favourites. They are Clare, Adele, Cassi, Georgie and Tahnee.

After watching the first episode this week, I'm happy to say that I absolutely love Clare and really hope she wins. The last time I felt this sure about one of the girls was with Alice Burdeu who went on to win the competition and is probably the most famous winner of both Australia's and America's Next Top Model franchise.

I won't give an entire synopsis of the show. Suffice to say, Clare shone and Leah just didn't do it for me. She doens't strike me as being particularly good-looking, both in her photos and on screen. Lola looks a lot better on screen than in her photos (in which I felt she looks ever so slightly tranny) while Mikarla is adorably ditzy (though I suspect that might drive me nuts after a while). Cassi - absolutely gorgeous but with munted teeth and definite 'bogan-ness'.

And as much as I love Tahnee and think she's absolutely stunning, she really needs to learn about fashion. Asking "what is couture?" after being told that they had a couture swimwear shoot coming up is not how you want to stand out. I think Franky has a great body and very strong walk but she absolutely tanked at the shoot. Adele so far is very quiet but I think she's one to watch and Madison. All I can say is, THAT HAIR!!!!! She already looks Malibu Barbie and that hair does not help. To be fair, she's a very pretty Barbie and she looked great in this shoot but note that her hair was slicked back off her face.

Personally, I would have got rid of Leah and given Laura T another chance, but I suppose after boasting that you've had modelling experience and have even jetted to Milan for work, you should be able to perform much better than she did. So now we're down to 12 and I'm sure its going to be another interesting week coming up.

Clare Venema

Cassi Van Den Dungen

Tahnee Atkinson

Adele Thiel

Georgie Kidman

And the photos from this week's shoot (the girls are listed in alphabetical order):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home